Saturday 21 February 2015

Disney ♥

Hey There,

Who loves Disney?? (My hands are up are yours??)

There are so many amazing Disney films out there and i love them all so much. I actually don't know what my life would be like if i didn't grow up on Disney films...

Now i love all the Disney movies out there, i read all the books multiple times and i watched the films over and over again until i fell asleep. Most girls i know grew up watching all the Disney princess' like belle, jasmine, Cinderella, snow white (I'm sure you get the picture) But me? i didn't, i didn't get into the princess' until i was 15 instead i grew up watching Dumbo, Bed knobs and Broomsticks, Peter Pan (and all the spin offs from that film) Toy Story, Winnie the Pooh, Tinkerbell, Monsters Inc. and so many more like that, maybe i didn't watch the princess' because i had an older brother and he kind of got to choose what film to watch back then.

The reason why I'm talking about Disney today is because in one way or another Disney has helped you (probably without you knowing).

Like when Frozen came out every one became obsessed with it (me included) but my 4/5 year old cousin was the most obsessed over it and no one knew why.(here's a little back story on him. He has autism and doesn't speak a word, if he wants something he will pull you to what he wants, he was so antisocial (strange saying that even though he doesn't speak) but he won't play with anyone, it was like he was in his own little bubble and he didn't notice if any one was around, he hated physical contact he hated almost everything. until Frozen came out that was) as soon as he watched it he was mesmerised by Olaf and Sfen, if someone walked in front of the TV while frozen was on you better of been prepared to be shoved out the way (literally) just after watching it constantly for 1/2 days he started interacting with his younger brother (no one praised him for it, we all just acted like it was normal and wanted him to carry on) as another day went by you could here him trying to say something and if you listened close enough he was actually trying to sing along to 'Do you wanna build a snowman' (although he never got the hang of the words but you could still tell he was trying to get the words out). Everything changed as soon as he watched that film and that's just one example of how Disney has changed someones life.

Disney films always show you hidden meanings to life itself, you just have to search a little to see it. Disney has always told people to dream big (maybe that's why i have such unrealistic goals?) hence the picture at the top.

Disney films have made most of us who we are today (me? I'm a girl who is obsessed with blue monsters sounds weird but i love Sully from Monsters Inc. and i love Cookie Monster from Sesame Street i know he isn't from Disney but i still grew up loving him!) other girls may be obsessed with princess' ( i know my best friend is) and others may love a snowman that Love's warm hugs!

It doesn't matter what you love or who you love all that matters is that we all realise we are connected in a strange way thanks to Walt Disney because of all his wonderful creations.

Now i know this has been such a weird post compared to what i normally write but i just thought i would share with you my thoughts on how Disney has some way influenced us all!


Next time there will be a normal post. Until then Keep Dreaming Big!

Just Another Girl xxx

3 comments:

  1. awh, I love this post! It was so sweet and I got super emotional about your cousin.. I completely know what you mean about Disney influencing you- I think every single film has shaped a different part of my personality and I hate to think who I'd be without it <3

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh thank you! Disney films are so amazing and in a strange way they have brought us all to each other, I'm glad you enjoyed it! xx

      Delete
  2. Hey there, I adore your blog! Just to let you know that i have nominated you for the Liebster award. I hope to see your response :)
    -Imogen x

    ReplyDelete